There are so many landscaping challenges during the summer months, including summer vacations! If you haven’t taken a trip yet, learn about some tips to keep your plants looking great while you are away so you can fully relax on your vacation.
You should be able to enjoy travelling without stressing about how your plants are doing at home. There are a few easy steps to take before leaving to help ensure your plants stay healthy while you’re away.
- Start by removing any dead or decayed leaves and deadhead any spent blooms.
- Then, be sure to thoroughly hand water your plants – it’s important to achieve a deep water.
- Then, use Ocean Harvest or Super Seaweed from MicroLife to give your plants an extra boost. These products are all-natural, water soluble, and absorbed through the leaves and roots.
- If your plants are in containers, consider moving them to a location that receives less direct sunlight.
- Water stakes are useful options to help release water slowly.
The last thing you want to do while on vacation is let all your hard work in your garden go to waste. You can enjoy time off and still come home to beautiful plants!
For more information about the MicroLife products or water stakes available at Warren’s Southern Gardens, stop by the Garden Center to visit with some of our staff.